How is caller ID handled?
What number shows in the caller ID when I place a call?
- When you place IP calls the system will send "Toronto, ON" and override any name that appears in Account Info in control panel for the Virtual Number. This is sent on any call placed via a Virtual Number that is not associated with a purchased DID.
- When you place PSTN calls via a VN not associated to a DID, the Caller ID will display 647xxxxxxx as the number the call was placed from.
- When you place PSTN calls via DID the DID will display.
- The system will send the display name as well (PSTN call via DID) but we cannot guarantee the PSTN provider will pass it down.
- The name sent (PSTN call via DID) is the name in the Account Information screen in SOUL and can be changed there.
- Caller ID cannot be blocked.
- We can not guarantee Caller ID. If the callees phone number Provider looks to associate the DID with a Name, the CID will probably be displayed as Unknown, No Data, or just blank.